As you get close to the end of your program, set aside a few moments to apply for graduation. Your Request to Graduate form is the final big step in receiving recognition for all your hard work. There is no cost to apply for graduation, just a few moments of your time to complete a form and submit.
You should be in your final semester or 10 weeks of your program when you fill out the Request to Graduate form.
If you are intending to finish up your program in the summer, you are also eligible to submit your Request to Graduate form.
Apprentices completing one or more levels of technical training are eligible to attend convocation but do not need to submit a Request to Graduate form.
Download your Request to Graduate form and fill it out electronically. You can submit your completed form using any of these options:
- In person at any Campus Services office
- By scanning and emailing to email@example.com
- By faxing to (250)782-5233
- By mailing to:
Office of the Registrar
Attention: Graduation Requests
Northern Lights College
11401 - 8th Street Dawson Creek BC V1G 4G2
Please allow 10 business days for processing once you have submitted your form.
All students eligible to graduate will be sent detailed information in late April about Convocation Ceremonies. To learn more about Convocation, check out nlc.bc.ca/convocation. Please note that 2021 Convocation ceremonies will be virtual.
All students who meet graduation requirements are issued one official NLC parchment.
Use the Duplicate/Replacement Parchment Request form to order an official re-print of your parchment. Official re-prints look almost exactly like an original parchment, with a notation that says "Duplicate of original issued in month/year" in small print along the bottom front.
Duplicate/replacement parchments are only issued for students who have successfully graduated from an NLC program and have previously been issued a parchment.
A parchment is different from your official transcript.
- Your official parchment is also sometimes called a credential or certificate. It states the name of the program you have graduated from and is signed by the Chair of the Board of Governors, the President, and the Registrar. It is usually what people frame and hang on their wall.
- Your official transcript is a complete representation of your entire academic record at NLC, listing all of the courses you were enrolled in and your grades for those courses. Transcripts are usually what you need to provide when transferring to another post-secondary institution. Use the Request for Transcript form to order your official transcript.