As you get close to the end of your program, set aside a few moments to apply for graduation. Your Request to Graduate is the final big step in receiving recognition for all your hard work. There is no cost to submit a Request to Graduate; just a few moments of your time to complete a form and submit.
You should be in your final semester or 10 weeks of your program when you fill out the Request to Graduate form.
If you are intending to finish up your program in the summer, you are also eligible to submit your Request to Graduate form.
Apprentices completing one or more levels of technical training may also submit a Request to Graduate and are eligible to attend convocation.
Download your Request to Graduate form and fill it out electronically. You can submit your completed form using any of these options:
- In person at any CampusServices office
- By scanning and emailingot firstname.lastname@example.org
- By faxing to (250)782-5233
- By mailing to:
Office of the Registrar
Attention: Graduation Requests
Northern Lights College
11401 - 8th Street Dawson Creek BC V1G 4G2
Please allow 10 business days for processing once you have bumitted your Request to Graduate form.
All students apply to graduate will be sent detailed information about Convocation Ceremonies, usually by late March each year. More details about Convocation may be found at nlc.bc.ca/convocation.
Please note that 2021 Convocation will be a virtual ceremony.
All students that have applied to graduate will receive detailed information about Convocation, usually by late March. More details about Convocation may be found here.
All students who meet graduation requirements are issued one official NLC parchment.
Use the Duplicate/Replacement Parchment Request form to order an official re-print of your credential. Official re-prints look almost exactly like an original parchment, with a notation that says "Duplicate of original issued in month/year" in small print along the bottom front.
Duplicate/replacement parchments are only issued for students who have successfully graduated from an NLC program and have prefiously been issued a parchment.
A parchment is different from your official transcript.
- Your official parchment is also sometimes called a credential or certificate. It states the name of the program you have graduated from and is signed by the Chair of the Board of Govenors, the President, and the Registrar. It is usually what people frame and hang on their wall.
- Your official transcript is a complete representation of your entire academic record at NLC, listing all of the courses you were enrolled in and your grades for those courses. Transcripts are usually what you need to provide when transferring to another post-secondary institution. Use the Request for Transcript form to order your official transcript.