The Business Management program promotes conceptual and technical skill development in business through a one-year Certificate program, a two-year Diploma program, and a Post-Degree Diploma program.
The Post-Degree Diploma program is available to both international and domestic students. For international students who already hold a three-year degree in commerce or business administration, the Post-Degree Diploma is an effective bridge to further North American business studies or to pursue employment in North America.
International and domestic candidates with three- or four-year degrees in fields beyond commerce and business management (such as computing, engineering, health, etc.) would also benefit from the program. For such students, the Post-Degree Diploma is a capstone program that augments existing technical skills and education in other fields.
The Post-Degree Diploma alone does not meet the typical education requirements for a Master’s Degree program (or MBA) in Canada. Students planning to study at a Master’s level in Canada should ensure that their prior education (a three or four-year degree) meets the educational requirements for their intended program.
Depending on prior experience and education, graduates seeking to enter the North American job market will be better prepared for areas such as finance, entrepreneurship, information technology, general management, marketing, and logistics.
Location: Fort St. John Campus
Length: Four semesters
Fees: Please consult the International Education Department at email@example.com
Domestic and International students must have official transcripts demonstrating successful completion of, at minimum, a three-year degree.**
* A. Domestic students must have official transcripts demonstrating the following English Requirement: One of the following with a "B" grade or higher: Grade 12 English, English Literature 12, English 12 First Peoples, English 050, or English 099. Alternatively, any university-level English course with a "C" grade or higher. Students who do not meet one of the above English requirements must complete the NLC Writing Assessment for appropriate course placement.
* B. International students must have documentation demonstrating the following English Requirement: An IELTS with an overall score of 6.0 or higher with no band less than 6.0. Students with a writing band of 6.0 or less are required to complete English 099 with a "B" grade or higher before or during the first semester of their program. The necessity for upgrading can extend the length of the program.
**Note: The Post-Degree Diploma in Business Management alone does not meet the typical education requirements for a Master's Degree program (or MBA) in Canada. Students planning to study at a Master's Degree level in Canada should ensure that their prior education (a three or four year degree) meets the educational requirements for their intended program. The Post-Degree Diploma in Business Management is a capstone program that adds business management knowledge to an educated student's portfolio.
- For domestic students, the program is eligible for Canada Student Loans. Visit StudentAid BC to apply for financial assistance online. Note that dual credit students are not eligible for Student Aid.
- NLC courses may transfer individually to other colleges, universities, and institutes in British Columbia, as indicated in the BC Transfer Guide.
- NLC courses may transfer to professional associations such as the Certified General Accountants, Certified Management Accountants, Chartered Accountants, Aboriginal Financial Officers Association, Canadian Bankers Institute, and others. Students are responsible for confirming transferability of course credits to any external organization.
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Guide
APPLY NOW for the Business Management Post Degree Diploma program
Do you need more information?
Domestic Students: Lisa Verbisky
International Students: International Education and visit the International Education webpage