Business Management – Post Degree Diploma, Health Administration Specialization
The program is ideally suited to international students who already hold a minimum three-year degree in nursing or other related health care profession. The addition of advanced study in business and health care administration in a Canadian context will enhance employability for administrative assistant positions and movement into entry level management positions in various health professions in Canada.
This multi-disciplinary program includes business administration, psychology, and specialized health administration courses, and introduces management and health administration concepts in a Canadian context, with emphasis on interpersonal and interprofessional communications, organizational behaviour, human resource management, ethics, and change management.
The objective of this program is to enhance the employability of internationally educated nurses as they transition into health related administrative assistant careers in Canada. Students may assisted in moving into entry-level management positions in the health sector.
Location: Dawson Creek Campus
Length: Four semesters (full time, depending on start date and academic progress)
Fees: Please consult the International Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
International students must have official transcripts demonstrating successful completion of, at minimum, a three-year degree in nursing or other closely related Health Care profession.
* A. Domestic students must have official transcripts demonstrating the following English Requirement: One of the following with a "B" grade or higher: Grade 12 English, English Literature 12, English 12 First Peoples, English 050, or English 099. Alternatively, any university-level English course with a "C" grade or higher. Students who do not meet one of the above English requirements must complete the NLC Writing Assessment for appropriate course placement.
* B. International students must have documentation demonstrating the following English Requirement: An IELTS with an overall score of 6.0 or higher with no band less than 6.0. Students with a writing band of 6.0 or less are required to complete English 099 with a "B" grade or higher before or during the first semester of their program. The necessity for upgrading can extend the length of the program.
1. International students registered in this program are not eligible for Canada Student Loans.
2. Students are recommended to have a personal laptop.
3. Northern Lights College courses generally transfer individually to other colleges, universities, and institutes in British Columbia. Students will receive transfer credit for courses as noted in the BC Transfer Guide (see http://www.bctransferguide.ca).
4. The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the the Program Completion Guide.
APPLY NOW for the Business Management Post Degree Diploma program, Health Administration Specialization
Do you need more information?
Domestic Students: Lisa Verbisky
International Students: International Education and visit the International Education webpage