The Business Management program promotes conceptual and technical skill development in business through a one-year Certificate program, a two-year Diploma program, and a Post-Degree Diploma program.
Students can complete first- and second-year courses to earn an NLC credential, or to transfer to university or professional designation programs elsewhere. All Business Management programs may be completed on a full time or part time basis.
The Business Management Certificate comprises 30 credits of coursework. Completion of the Certificate qualifies a student for admission into the Diploma program.
Graduates are prepared for positions of responsibility in areas such as finance, accounting, entrepreneurship, information technology, general management, marketing, and logistics, as well as for further educational opportunities.
Location: Fort St. John Campus, Dawson Creek Campus
Length: 30 weeks
Start: September, January, or May
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
*English is the language of instruction in all programs at NLC, thus it is imperative that NLC students meet minimum English Language Proficiency requirements.
*In University Arts and Sciences, it is understood that the minimum English Language Proficiency requirement is that required to graduate from a Canadian high school program conducted in English. This is defined in the English Language Requirement document.
A. Domestic students must have official transcripts demonstrating the following Math Requirement: One of the following with a 'C' grade (60%) or higher: Pre-calculus 11, Principles of Mathematics 11, Foundations of Math 11, Math 040, or equivalent. Alternatively, readiness for MATH 050 as determined by the CCP Math appraisal.
B. International students must have documentation demonstrating the following Math Requirement: One of the following with a 'C' grade (60%) or higher: Pre-calculus 11, Principles of Mathematics 11, Foundations of Math 11, Math 040, or equivalent. Alternatively, readiness for MATH 050 as determined by the CCP Math appraisal.
*Note: For transfer into degree programs in this field, degree granting institutions might require higher math pre-requisites than required for entrance into NLC’s Business Management Certificate program. All students planning to do a bachelor's degree should ensure that they have met the entrance requirements of the receiving institution. In addition, some elective courses in NLC’s Business Management Certificate and Diploma programs require Principles of Mathematics 12, Pre-calculus 12, Math 050(Provincial), or equivalency.
- The program is eligible for Canada Student Loans. Visit StudentAid BC to apply for financial assistance online. Note that dual credit students are not eligible for Student Aid.
- NLC courses may transfer individually to other colleges, universities, and institutes in British Columbia, as indicated in the BC Transfer Guide.
- NLC courses may transfer to professional associations such as the Certified General Accountants, Certified Management Accountants, Chartered Accountants, Aboriginal Financial Officers Association, Canadian Bankers Institute, and others. Students are responsible for confirming transferability of course credits to any external organization.
- Depending on course selection, graduates from NLC’s Applied Business Technology program will receive credit for the following courses:
- CPSC101, for having completed: ABTC 119, ABTC121, ABTC133, ABTC153, ABTC161 and ABTC194.
- ENGL110, for having completed: ABTC165 and ABTC195.
- MGMT103, for having completed: ABTC111 and ABTC151.
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Guide
APPLY NOW for the Business Management Certificate program
Do you need more information?
Program Contact: Lisa Verbisky
Program Instructor: Faisal Rashid
Core courses taken by all certificate students:
An Economics component is a requirement of the certificate:
An Accounting component is also a requirement of the certificate:
Balance of Credits (3-9) from any of the Courses Listed Below: